- Listed: July 29, 2020 9:23 am
- Expires: 19 days, 1 hour
The next regular municipal election will be held October 6, 2020.
The Candidate Filing Period is currently Open for Assembly and School Board. The filing period closes on Fri. August 7 at 5pm. For further information, please visit CityofSitka.com OR contact the Municipal Clerk’s Office at 747-1811 or 747-1826.
The following vacancies are to be filled through a regular election of the City and Borough of Sitka on October 6, 2020:
- One Mayoral seat (two-year term)
- Two Assembly member seats (three-year terms)
- Two School Board member seats (three-year terms)
Candidates for Assembly must be qualified voters and have resided continuously in the municipality during the twelve months immediately before the election in order to run.
Candidates for School Board must be qualified voters in the municipality for 30 days immediately before the election.
Candidate packets are available in the Municipal Clerk’s office at City Hall at 100 Lincoln St, 3rd floor.
For more detailed info. about the October election and Sitka voting in general, including links to FAQs & procedures for Absentee Voting, go HERE
116 total views, 9 today
You must be logged in to inquire about this ad.
Information about the ad poster
- Listed by: admin
- Member Since: September 2, 2010
Other items listed by admin
- Capt. Juju’s Fri. & Sat Lunch
- Case Count Aug. 2nd
- Resolution Encouraging Face Coverings
- Fundraiser: Take-out Indian Food Dinner From Beak 8/19
- Register to Vote in Municipal Election