- Listed: August 2, 2018 6:31 pm
- Expires: 4 days, 20 hours
Leading the Way in Alaska – T21 To Speak At Chamber Luncheon August 15, 2018 11:30 AM – 1:00 PM AKDT. Speakers include CBS community relations coordinator Maegan Bosak, Joe Darnell from the State of Alaska, Doug Osborne from the Sitka Community Hospital and Amanda Roberts from SEARHC’s Tobacco Prevention and Control department.
In the US over 300 cities and counties have adopted 21 as the minimum legal sale age (MLSA) to purchase tobacco. On August 22nd Sitka will become the first community in Alaska to adopt a MLSA of 21. The presentation, followed by questions and answers, will cover the process, the new local ordinance, how Sitka’s move has inspired other communities around the State, and resources for quitting tobacco.
Weekly luncheons are held every Wednesday at noon. Enjoy great food, dynamic speakers, and exciting networking opportunities. Chamber luncheons are open to the public.
67 total views, 23 today
You must be logged in to inquire about this ad.
Information about the ad poster
- Listed by: admin
- Member Since: September 2, 2010
Other items listed by admin
- Register to VOTE – Deadline Sept. 2nd
- Assembly Meeting Tues. 8/14 at 6pm
- Maury Hackett – New Brave Heart Director
- Sitka Rotary Wildlife Tour Cruise Sat. 9/22
- National Farmers Market Week Aug. 5-11