- Listed: April 8, 2020 1:45 pm
- Expires: 1 day, 19 hours
To assist our citizens in this difficult time, the City and Borough of Sitka is enacting the following temporary policies regarding utility bills.
- The Municipality is suspending all disconnections for non-payment of utility charges (related to COVID-19 impacts) until further notice. This is in alignment with Alaska SB 241 (awaiting Governor’s signature).
- The Municipality is waiving late fees for untimely or partial payment of utility charges (related to COVID-19 impacts) for two billing cycles beginning immediately.
All utility charges must eventually be paid, and these policies only apply to late fees and disconnections for non-payments that occurred ONLY after the emergency declaration and must be related to COVID-19 impacts. No past charges will be forgiven.
We strongly encourage customers to pay what they are able to pay and to contact our Collections Manager at 747-1859 if they have any concerns.
Also, once the emergency ends, any account that becomes past due during the emergency period will be required to agree to a written repayment plan, to be completed in the Finance Department.
If you are a commercial business that has temporarily closed, the CBS may be able to reduce your solid waste disposal fees by arranging smaller trash receptacles.
If you have any questions, please call utility customer service at 747-1818.
177 total views, 5 today
You must be logged in to inquire about this ad.
Information about the ad poster
- Listed by: admin
- Member Since: September 2, 2010
Other items listed by admin
- Join the 2020 Local Foods Challenge…
- City Job Opportunity: Planner 1
- Seafood Producers Co-op is Hiring for the Summer
- Dungeness Crab Fishery Opening June 15
- Wearable Art Prelim Registration Thru May 31