- Listed: October 10, 2020 3:02 am
- Expires: 26 days, 2 hours
Join us on Saturday, Oct. 10th at 9:45am on Zoom for the Sitka Citizens Climate Lobby local chapter meeting. For more info. and/or the link to Zoom into the local chapter meeting, please call Barb at 738-3557.
Before the local chapter meeting, Zoom into National Call & Speaker, from 9- 9:40am at cclusa.org/meeting (for meeting ID# 95498355745). The speaker is Alex Posner, Founder of Students for Carbon Dividends (S4CD). This group is bringing young conservatives and Republicans on college campuses for revenue-neutral carbon pricing, with support from the conservative Climate Leadership Council.
Here are instructions/links for video conference, phone & livestream re: National Meeting
- To connect by video conference, go to cclusa.org/meeting
- To connect by phone: If you have unlimited calling, call 1-646-558-8656; otherwise you can call toll-free at1-877-369-0926. Enter 954-9835-5745 as the meeting ID
- To watch a livestream go to: cclusa.org/livestreamMONTHLY
- NO October Drawdown Learning Circle
- Andrew Gallager has accepted a job at Alaska HeatSmart, a Juneau non-profit associated with Renewable Juneau, and with the possibility of extending electrification work to other Southeast Alaska communities with hydropower. Andrew left for Juneau on September 26. Andrew reported on getting information to ANB on getting a free energy audit (necessary to apply for funding for retrofitting ANB Hall to lower utility bills). His recommendation document was featured in the questions asked of the 3 candidates for School Board.
- Letters to the Editor on 9/16 (Toby and Suzanne: Climate Change); on 9/18 (Lisa: Fires); 9/22 (Judy, Cora, and Toby: Climate Questions); 9/29 (Kent: In Response to 9/25 Climate Connections); and 10/6 (Leah: Climate and Candidates).
- Distribution of transcribed School Board candidate interviews conducted by Judy, Toby & Cora to our roster, Sitka Soup, and in newspaper. (Soup PSA also included links to Andrew’s paper.)
- Relevant links to 3 versions of Andrew’s work:
- ** View Andrew Gallagher’s Slide Presentation on Electrification Options HERE
- ** Read Andrew’s full 38-page report (carefully researched & clearly presented) HERE.
- ** Read Andrew’s 2-page report on Recommended Projects re: Electrification, for Sitka HERE.
- Andrew & Kay interviewed Scott Elder, Head of the Sitka Electric Department, on 9/22, after sharing Andrew’s documents. He was open to further discussion of slowly implementing on-bill financing of energy conservation measures, sea water heat pumps on Japonski Island developments, attention to over-subscription of hydropower potential with further economic development.
- Sitkan Cora Dow (currently a freshman at Bowdoin College in Maine) was one of seven first-time voters and youth guest editors in a Special Climate Edition of the Guardian in Sept. 2020 – read about Cora and her compatriots, HERE
Ed. note: Image #1 is 10/9 scene of CNN reporting from Hurricane Delta making landfall in Louisiana on Friday Oct. 9th. Image #2 is projected path of Hurricane Delta. Image #3 is photo by Santiago Mejia for SF Chronicle, showing fires & smoke in California’s Napa Valley.
62 total views, 1 today
You must be logged in to inquire about this ad.