- Listed: July 20, 2020 9:58 am
- Expires: 23 days, 3 hours
Still asking for Public Comments till August 24th – read on…
Attend the Virtual Meeting – Thursday, July 23rd, from 6-7pm on Zoom – Presentation and Q&A on the CBS Critical Secondary Water Supply Project. Members of the public may join the Zoom Meeting online or by telephone. Here’s how:
- Online: Go to zoom.us/wc/join92034661859 & enter your name when prompted. The Meeting ID is 920 3466 1859. People who participate online will be able to see visual aids.
- Telephone: Dial 1 (346) 248-7799. Then, enter the Meeting ID – 920 3466 1859, followed by a # sign. When prompted for your “participant ID” enter the # sign again.
Project Description: CBS needs a reliable, safe source of drinking water to serve to the public for when the Blue Lake penstock is down for maintenance, or for when there is high turbidity in the Blue Lake raw water. This project will design and construct a water intake in Sawmill Creek and a filtration plant at Gary Paxton Industrial Park to meet these needs.
The proposed project would:
- Install a new water supply intake with a retaining wall, intake screen, small bridge & pump station within & near Sawmill Creek, about 5.5 miles east of Sitka
- Construct a new building located within Gary Paxton Industrial Park
- Ensure water availability when current supply is unavailable or has high turbidity
We want your feedback!
Submit Comments via contacts below by Monday, August 24th.
- Olivia Cohn, Solstice Alaska Consulting, firstname.lastname@example.org, (907) 929-5960
- Rebecca Venot, Project Engineer, CRW Engineering, email@example.com, (907) 646-5613
For more info & FAQs about this project, visit www.cityofsitka.com/government/departments/publicworks/projects.html – scroll down to “Critical Secondary Water Supply.”
Also, there’s an informative memorandum from CBS, HERE
And an excellent Dec. 2018 KTOO piece by KCAW’s Emily Kwang, HERE
146 total views, 6 today
You must be logged in to inquire about this ad.
Information about the ad poster
- Listed by: admin
- Member Since: September 2, 2010
Other items listed by admin
- Tues. Aug. 18th Primary Election Info
- Cooking w/Canned & Smoked Salmon
- Register to Vote in Municipal Election
- City Job: Heavy Equipment Mechanic
- Resolution Encouraging Face Coverings