- Listed: May 7, 2018 8:50 am
- Expires: 25 days, 11 hours
The Alaska Marine Safety Education Association (AMSEA) will offer a Fishing Vessel Drill Conductor workshop in Sitka, Alaska on Thursday, May 24, from 8:00 AM to 7:00 PM at NSRAA, 1308 Sawmill Creek Road. This workshop is free to commercial fishermen, thanks to support from the U.S. Coast Guard, the Alaska Department of Commerce, Community & Economic Development, the National Institute for Occupational Safety & Health, and AMSEA members. The cost is $185.50, including sales tax, for all others. Interested mariners may register online at www.amsea.org or call (907) 747-3287.
This workshop is an excellent opportunity for commercial fishermen and other mariners to gain hands-on training with marine safety equipment and learn best practices for surviving emergencies at sea. Instructor Jerry Dzugan will cover cold-water survival skills; EPIRBs, signal flares, and mayday calls; man-overboard recovery; firefighting; flooding and damage control; dewatering pumps, immersion suits and PFDs, helicopter rescue, life rafts, abandon ship procedures, and emergency drills. AMSEA’s Drill Conductor workshops meet the U.S. Coast Guard training requirements for drill conductors on commercial fishing vessels.
203 total views, 7 today
You must be logged in to inquire about this ad.
Information about the ad poster
- Listed by: admin
- Member Since: September 2, 2010
Other items listed by admin
- July 9th Fermentation Workshop With Sandor Katz
- Sitka Community Land Trust meeting May 21st
- Kindergarten Registration still available till June 6th
- Gimbal Botanicals wins $1,500 prize in Sitka Food Business Contest
- Quilts on Display at BackDoor Cafe