- Listed: September 13, 2021 7:32 am
- Expires: 19 days, 4 hours
Tuesday, Sept. 14th at 6pm at Assembly Chambers – there will be a Regular Assembly Meeting.
Selected agenda items are listed below. The Complete Agenda & supporting documents are available HERE
VIII. CONSENT AGENDA
- A 21-137 Approve the minutes of the August 24 Assembly meeting
- B 21-138 Approve the following marijuana license renewal applications: 1) standard marijuana cultivation facility license for Jeremy J. Erickson dba Vern’s Wicked Weed at 3872 Halibut Point Road Bay One and, 2) retail marijuana store license for Weed Dudes Inc. dba Weed Dudes at 1321 Sawmill Creek Road, Suite J & K
X. UNFINISHED BUSINESS:
- C ORD 21-30 Authorizing the transfer/sale of a portion of City and Borough of Sitka’s “Old City Shops” property located at 1410 and 1414 Halibut Point Road to the Sitka Community Land Trust (SCLT) for an affordable housing project that is not subject to competitive bid and is available to all regardless of ethnicity
- D ORD 21-27 Amending Title 22 “Zoning” of the Sitka General Code by modifying Chapter 22.16 “District Regulations” for the Recreation District
- E ORD 21-28 Amending the official Sitka Zoning Map to rezone 4951 Halibut Point Road from Single-Family and Duplex Residential (R-1) to Recreation District (R)
XI. NEW BUSINESS:
New Business First Reading
- F ORD 21-32 Requiring use of a face covering in certain indoor settings and providing a penalty
- G ORD 21-31 Amending Title 2 “Administration” of the Sitka General Code by deleting Chapter 2.12 “City and Borough of Sitka Hospital Board”, Chapter 2.14 “Historic Trust Board” and Chapter 2.64 “Seafood Processing Economic Development Committee” and updating Chapter 2.16 “Library Commission”
- H ORD 21-33 Making supplemental appropriations for Fiscal Year 2022 (IT Personnel / Approval of a New Position)
- I ORD 21-34 Making supplemental appropriations for Fiscal Year 2021 (IT Fund Expense)
- J ORD 21-35 Making supplemental appropriations for Fiscal Year 2021 (School Bond Debt Refunding Expense)
Additional New Business Items
- K RES 21-18 Supporting the development of a new public use Seaplane Base at the preferred location, north end of Japonski Island, Sitka, Alaska
- L RES 21-21 Urging the United States Government to advocate for a permanent ban on tailings dams and for a temporary halt to the permitting, exploration, development, and expansion of Canadian mines along Alaska-British Columbia transboundary salmon rivers until the United States-Canada Boundary Waters Treaty of 1909 and the United Nations Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples are upheld and an international agreement on watershed protections is implemented
- M 21-139 Discussion / Direction / Decision on directing the Municipal Administrator to enter a funding and maintenance agreement with the Birds and Benches Work Group of the Sitka Decolonizing Dialogue for the installation and upkeep of three benches in the courtyard area of Harrigan Centennial Hall
- N 21-140 Decision on whether to allow sales tax free day(s) following the Thanksgiving holiday and set date(s)
- O 21-141 Consider waiving $100 late fee penalty assessed for Siemens Industry, Inc. for the Q4 2020 sales tax filing period
XII. PERSONS TO BE HEARD: Public participation on any item on or off the agenda. Not to exceed 3 minutes for any individual.
XIII. REPORTS: a. Mayor, b. Administrator, c. Attorney, d. Liaison Representatives, e. Clerk, f. Other
XIV. EXECUTIVE SESSION: Not anticipated.
Note: Detailed information on these agenda items can be found on the City website at sitka.legistar.com/Calendar.aspx or by contacting the Municipal Clerk’s Office at City Hall, 100 Lincoln Street or 747-1811. A hard copy of the Assembly packet is available at the Sitka Public Library. Regular Assembly meetings are livestreamed through the City’s website, aired live on KCAW FM 104.7, and broadcast live on local television channel 11. To receive Assembly agenda notifications, sign up with GovDelivery on the City website.
78 total views, 1 today
You must be logged in to inquire about this ad.
Information about the ad poster
- Listed by: admin
- Member Since: September 2, 2010
Other items listed by admin
- (907) 738-0619 Martin’s Taxi
- Armchair Travels wants presenters
- Job openings at Pizza Express
- Help Wanted – Personal Care Attendants
- Spruce Root Virtual Fall Workshops