- Listed: July 11, 2020 6:51 pm
- Expires: 24 days, 11 hours
Both the RIDE (fixed route buses) & Care-A-Van (elder & paratransit buses) will be in service.
Because of COVID-19 we will operate under New Protocols for both riders & employees:
• Follow all driver instructions & signs on spacing of riders to increase social distancing & any other driver directions
• Wear a Face Mask that covers the nostrils to the chin, when boarding & at all times while inside a bus (see list of exemptions from mask rule, below)
• Restrict bus travel to point-to-point service only (no riding one or more loops of route)
• Refrain from eating or drinking on bus
• Drivers will allow each bus to be filled to only 50% of capacity – if a bus just passes a stop, please understand the bus was at capacity
• Disposable masks & hand sanitizer will be available to riders
Please call 747-8617 to schedule a ride on Care-A-Van
The RIDE fixed route schedules will remain the same as before Mar. 20 (Exception: there will be no service to GP Industrial Park on SMC Blue Line)
The RIDE & Care-A-Van are taking extra protective steps:
• Buses will deep cleaned after every day in use
• Temporary vinyl barriers will separate driver from passengers
• Riders will be asked to sit only in allowed seats that are spaced for social distancing
• Each bus will carry only 50% of its full capacity of riders
• Touchless hand-sanitizer dispensers will be available to bus riders
Mask Rule Exemptions:
- Any child aged two years or less;
- Any child aged 12 years or less unless a parent or guardian supervise the use of the face covering;
- Any individual who has a physical disability that prevents wearing or removing of a face covering;
- And individual who is deaf and used facial and mouth movements to communicate;
- Any individual who has been advised by a medical professional that wearing a face covering may pose an unreasonable risk;
- Any individual who has trouble breathing or is otherwise unable to remove a face covering without assistance.
- If someone gets on a bus claiming an exemption under 3, 5, or 6, they will be allowed on that one ride, but will be handed a card explaining that they have to apply Center for Community for an ongoing mask exemption.
As more supplies become available & as new buses arrive in the next 3 months, the RIDE will install rigid plexiglass barriers between driver & passengers, sneeze-guard shields on the top of seats & advanced HEPA filters in the bus air conditioning & heating systems. Sitka Tribe of Alaska, Center for Community & Swan Lake Senior Center look forward to Sitka’s support of & compliance with protocols to increase safety for everyone. The new protocols are supported by Center for Community & SE Senior Services. The Sitka Tribe of Alaska, which operates the RIDE fixed route services, adopted the new protocols in a resolution on June 17, 2020.
164 total views, 6 today
You must be logged in to inquire about this ad.