- Listed: July 7, 2019 5:27 am
- Expires: 19 days, 13 hours
Monday July 8 from 6-8:30pm @ Sitka Kitch commercial kitchen in the Lutheran Church – ‘S’lightly Southern’ Cooking with Kayla Caprice. This class is part of a new series this summer, and is a fundraiser for the Sitka Kitch.
“In this class we will be going over some classic southern fare, and ways to make it a little healthier, and easier to do. We will learn other ways to ‘fry’ chicken, classic southern biscuits two different ways, talk (and eat) fritters, and make a dark molasses Ginger Cake. So come on, y’all, let’s get cookin’!” Kayla currently works as a line cook at Ludvig’s Bistro in Sitka.
For more information on this and other Sitka Kitch Classes, visit www.sitkawild.org/sitka_kitch
Other classes in the “Cooking With Kayla Caprice” series include:
- Preservation/Fermentation 101 — 6-8:30 p.m. on Monday, July 22
- Preservation/Fermentation 102 — 6-8:30 p.m. on Monday, July 29
- Cooking For One/Small-Space Cooking — 10 a.m. to noon on Wednesday, Aug. 14 (class targeted to teens and adults)
- Cooking With Seaweed (in conjunction with Sitka Mermaid Fest) — 6-8:30 p.m. on Monday, Aug. 26
28 total views, 1 today
You must be logged in to inquire about this ad.
Information about the ad poster
- Listed by: admin
- Member Since: September 2, 2010
Other items listed by admin
- UAS Fall Registration Open
- New Closing Date for Health Care Delivery System
- SCLT Meeting Tues. 7/16
- July 29th Transition of SCH Patient Services to Mt. Edgecumbe Hospital Medical Center
- Oklahoma! from SFAC in July!