Alaskan Youth Artists in Any Media
Submissions Sought for Spring 2023
Submissions Close February 14th, 2023
- Spring 2023 Theme: What gets your blood pumping? What gets you organizing? What puts you in motion? How do you and your community light the match?
“Extractive industries are obsolete, and the solutions we need to solve the large scale, intersecting crises we face already exist in the foundations of our communities–but it takes a spark to advocate for what we deserve.”
Light The Match: REgeneration Spring 2023: Stories of building community, standing up for ourselves, and nonviolent direct action.
REgeneration is a publication produced by Alaskan youth. We define “youth” as people aged 13–35 from Alaska. While this is not a hard rule, the focus of this piece is to highlight young voices through the Just Transition lens. Submissions are sought in these media: writing, art & photography, film, video, music & audio.
To Submit: Email your work to email@example.com with “Light The Match” in the subject line.
In the body of your email, include:
- Your artist name and pronouns.
- A brief bio.
- Your legal name and mailing address.
- A link or attachment of your submission.
- The title of your submission.
- What lighting the match means to you and how your piece fits.
- A description of your work.