Baranof School Re-Naming
Final Choice to be Announced at March 6th School Board
The Baranof Elementary School Renaming Committee
- The committee met on Friday, Feb. 2 in the School District Office and reviewed the results of the 2nd community-wide survey.
- On Feb. 7 at the next regular school board meeting, the top three results were presented to the board by the Renaming Committee, along with a report on the full process that the committee followed. The meeting was open to the public.
- The March 6th regular School Board Meeting will take place at 5:45pm at Sheet’Ka Kwaan Naa Kahidi Community House, and the selected new name for the school will be announced.
- Below you can see key pages from the “Renaming Committee” presentation to the School Board
- To view the committee’s complete report, go HERE
Ed. note: For some historical background on the move to re-name the school, read this KCAW piece from 01/14/21.