October 3rd Municipal Election
Your Voting Options & Info from CBS
The Regular Municipal Election is Tuesday, October 3.
Eligible voters may choose to vote using one of these options:
- Early voting in-person at Harrigan Centennial Hall (weekdays Sept. 18 thru Oct. 2 from 8:30am – 4:30pm, meeting rooms 2 & 3)
- Vote by personal representative
- Absentee voting by mail (Applications to vote by mail must be received by Municipal Clerk’s Office no later than Sept. 26)
- Vote by fax or email
- Vote in-person on Election Day at Harrigan Centennial Hall from 7am to 8pm
CBS Voting Resources:
For candidate information, a sample ballot, absentee ballot request, and other election resources, visit cityofsitka.com or contact the Municipal Clerk’s Office at (907) 747-1826 or (907)747-1811. Also, see images below for a copy of the “Sample Ballot with Ordinances”
Absentee Process Details:
- Absentee voting by mail: Voters may apply to receive a ballot by mail. Completed applications must be received no later than September 26, 2023. Ballots will be mailed mid-September. The voted absentee by mail ballot must be postmarked on or before Election Day, October 3, and received by the Municipal Clerk’s Office no later than October 6, or, be delivered to the Municipal Clerk’s Office or an election official before polls close on Election Day, October 3.
- Absentee voting by fax or electronic transmission: Voters may apply for an absentee ballot to be sent by fax or electronic transmission. Completed applications must be received by 5 p.m. (AKST) on October 3. Voted ballots by electronic transmission must be submitted according to the Municipal Clerk’s instructions and received no later than 8:00 p.m. (AKST) on Election Day, October 3.
- Absentee voting by personal representative: Voters who are unable to go to a polling place due to age, illness, or disability may have a personal representative pick up a ballot beginning September 18. Contact the Municipal Clerk’s Office for more information.