Executive Director of Herring Protectors
Fighting for the Yaaw & Our Own Sovereignty
The Herring Protectors are hiring their first ever full-time Executive Director, who will steward relationships with the yaaw (the herring), our environment, and the community.
The Herring Protectors seek an experienced and passionate leader with a strong understanding of Lingít culture and worldview and a deep commitment to environmental, gender, and social justice.
The ideal candidate will be entrepreneurial, leading with intentionality and respect to evolve a grassroots movement into a sustainable organization.
A successful leader will need to be highly organized, creative, and resourceful, able to build relationships and trust with Tribal citizens to advance ambitious goals through collective action.
Position Title: Executive Director
- Reports to: Herring Protectors Steering Committee
- Fiscal Sponsor/Role Employer: Native Movement
- Location: Sitka, Alaska. Occasional remote work allowed.
- Salary Range: $70,000-90,000 DOE
- Posting Date: October 10, 2023
- Anticipated Start Date: January 15, 2024
- (Accepting applications on a rolling basis. Open until filled.)
To apply: Send resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the subject line of your email, write “HP Director Application.”