Human Resources Generalist 1
With City of Sitka
Job Title: Human Resources Generalist I
Salary range: $55,328.00 to $65,728.00
Department: Human Resources
Hours: Full Time
The Generalist I position is responsible for developing partnerships across the organization to deliver value–added human resource services to City leadership and its employees consistent with the City’s business objectives. The generalist maintains an effective level of business literacy about the City’s financial and operational position, its mid-range plans and culture.
No direct supervisory responsibilities. Serves as a coach and resource for line managers/supervisors and employees. Receives moderate supervision from the Human Resources Director. This position requires the use of independent judgement, discretion, innovation, initiative, and a high level of confidentiality. This is the first point of contact for employees, citizens, guests, and visitors.
- Minimum of 1–2 years of experience in a human resource business partner or generalist role.
- Working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines, including compensation practices, employee and union relations, performance management, and federal and state respective employment laws
- Minimum of 1–2 years of recruiting experience in a high volume fast paced environment
- Associate degree preferred. High School Diploma or equivalent required
- SHRM or HRCI certification preferred or ability to obtain certification within 12 –18 months of employment
For a complete job description and listing of benefits, go to cityofsitka.com/jobs/1813/
For a list of all current CBS openings with closing dates, go to cityofsitka.com/jobs.