Special Education Paraprofessional
Sought by Sitka School District
Select “Application Process” from the menu on the left. Your application will be routed to the hiring staff at the SSD District Office. If you have any questions about the application process, contact Dawn Georgia at (907) 747-8622, or email firstname.lastname@example.org. The Sitka School District is an equal opportunity employer. Alaska Natives are encouraged to apply. To see details of all current openings, select “Position Vacancies” from the menu on the left.
- Support Staff / Special Education Assistant
- Location: District-wide – Sitka
- Closing Date – Open until filled
The Paraprofessional assists in the operation of instruction and/or supportive services in the school system. To accomplish these tasks, the Paraprofessional works closely with the student, staff and administration of the Sitka School District. Paraprofessionals work in the following areas: Regular Education, Special Education, Pre-School, or Library.
Responsible to: Principal or designee.
Payment rate: According to Classified Salary Schedule.
1. High School diploma or equivalent.
2. Demonstrate computer competence.
3. Current First Aid and CPR Certificates.
4. Desire to maintain career improvement.
1. Assist professional staff in instructional and/or supportive services (plus eight more).
Read more at sitkaschools.org/employment