Aquarium, Hatchery, Research, Education, Gift Shop
- Aquarium Fall/Winter Hours (Sept. 30 – May 1)
Wednesday thru Saturday 10am – 2pm
Summer Hours (May – Sept.): Tuesday–Saturday 9am – 4pm
Science Education and Research
The Sitka Sound Science Center is dedicated to increasing understanding and awareness of terrestrial and aquatic ecosystems of coastal Alaska through education and research.
Our vision is to be the leading scientific and educational institution in coastal Alaska through innovative, inspiring, and community-centered programming.
- Integrity | We model scientific integrity through evidence-based research and accessible educational programming
- Curiosity | We believe that a playful curiosity of the world inspires innovation and growth
- Respect | We honor and respect the history of this place and look towards its future to inform our present decisions
- Community | We build relationships across our community in support of a shared appreciation for discovery and overall community wellbeing
The Tlingit people have been indigenous to this land for over 10,000 years. Gunalchéesh to the Tlingit people for their stewardship of Tlingit Aani since time immemorial and today.